At my final year in High school, I was to write a promotional examination to certify that I am an eligible high school graduate (in west Africa its called WASSCE - West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination). Every final year high school student has to successful have 5credit passes(ranging from grade A to C) in English and Mathematics(and any 3 other majors) before being certified a high school graduate and thereafter eligible to sought for admission in any college he or she desires to attend. In 2011 I wrote the WASSCE, I was able to get 5credits but excluding mathematics. Though I dreaded chemistry, I was able to get a good grade above D. However I had to re-write the WASSCE because of my poor grade in Mathematics...
It was discouraging seeing my friends and then colleagues leave for college. But I summed up courage admist all the struggle to put more effort and get my complete grades in the examination. In 2012, I sat for the examination once more and this time I did get a grade C in mathematics. Simply put, that was something to be glad for. I then began my pursuit to gain admission in college. I wrote several entrance examinations but to no avail. Finally I wrote another in late October 2013 and got admitted to study Microbiology.
Moral: its not always easy to achieve success but if you really need it, go for it with all your might and effort - you will surely get it
My first year in college was promising owing to the fact that I was full of enthusiasm and determination to excel through hard-work and discipline. The first semester of my 1st year was not much of a struggle because 55% of all taught materials were a review of high school work. Just when I thought I had gotten a firm grip of school work in college, the work load, theory materials and concepts of biological chemotherapy, staining, organic chemistry and mechanics began to wear me out. Just then it dawned on me that college work had just began. Its not surprising that many students start well and college but break even in due time... After getting through high school and writing high school promotional examination twice (having an additional year before being eligible for college), having new techniques to scale through college burdensome work did not come overnight. It took reasonable time, prayer, and patience to work things out. I'll be sharing what techniques I learnt in the course of my early 2years in college and I do hope they will inspire you and give you a tip on how to do well in school in general and in your science courses that seem to require lot of reading and retention..
Do remember: You are intelligent enough to succeed
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for being a part of this website. Lets get talking through the comment box, share your thoughts!